Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- SEDFRE--Community Center Proposals, Organization and Plans for Center, 1964-1965 (Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 1, Folder 16)
- Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality
- Date of Original:
- Community centers
Congress of Racial Equality
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Clothing and dress
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Day care centers
Head Start programs
- Robinson, Jackie
Dennis, David J., Sr.
Chaney, Fannie Lee
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Rose, Frederick P.
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Moody, Anne, 1940-2015
Levy, Eva Newman
Bender, Rita L.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Weinberger, Eric H.
Goodman, Robert, -1969
Allison, John P.
Haley, Richard (Civil rights worker)
Castle, Doris Jean, -1997
Lehman, Herbert, Mrs.
Niebuhr, Reinhold, 1892-1971
Montgomery, Roger E.
McDonald, J. E.
Boddie, Jeannette G.
Willen, Pearl L.
Thomas, Norman, 1884-1968
Samuel, Ralph E.
Raymond, George, 1943-
Robinson, Jo Ann, 1942-
Lindsay, John V. (John Vliet)
Allen, Steve, 1921-2000
Thompson, G. S.
Goodman, Carolyn, 1915-2007
Schwerner, Nathan H., -1991
Jones, Clarence B.
Ready, William R.
Damon, Henry Eugene
Storrow, James J., Jr.
Collier, Clinton, 1909-
Cox, J. V.
Black, Algernon D. (Algernon David), 1900-1993
Clark, Kenneth Bancroft, 1914-2005
Peabody, Malcolm, Mrs.
Smith, Lillian (Lillian Eugenia), 1897-1966
Adams, Margaret E.
Clark, Isabel C.
Height, Dorothy I. (Dorothy Irene), 1912-2010
Wolfe, Ann G.
Wynn, David F.
- United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Connecticut, 41.66704, -72.66648
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 1 Folder 16; WIHVS1140-A;
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society