Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Park--Robert W. Park papers, 1964-1966; Archives Main Stacks SC658
- Park, Robert W.
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Literacy tests (Election law)
Ku Klux Klan
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Free Southern Theater
Child care services
Assault and battery
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Democratic Party (U.S.)
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Head Start programs
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Mississippi Freedom Labor Union
United States. Department of Justice
White Citizens councils
Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission
Poor Peoples' Corporation
Civil rights workers
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Randolph, A. Philip (Asa Philip), 1889-1979
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014
Lynd, Theron C.
King, Edwin H.
Light, Bill, 1940-2017
Greene, George, 1943-2018
Carmichael, Stokely, 1941-1998
Turnbow, Hartman, 1905-1988
Young, M. L.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Smith, R. L. T. (Robert L. T.)
Moss, Barbara Chaney
Horton, Myles, 1905-1990
Taylor, Wendell P.
Thompson, Allen C. (Allen Cavett), 1906-1980
Roosevelt, James, 1907-1991
Walker, Prentiss, 1917-1998
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
Wilcox, Jimmy Lee
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Marshall, Thurgood, 1908-1993
Cooper, Irving Ben
Robinson, Spottswood W.
Hastie, William, 1904-1976
Phipps, James Earl
Boyd, Malcolm, 1923-
Martin, Willie Mae
Garner, Edna Mae
Meredith, James, 1933-
Gallatly, Mary Sue
Weil, Robert, 1940-
Maxwell, Bruce, 1944-
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Lindsay, John V. (John Vliet)
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Ready, William R.
Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
Stavis, Morton, -1992
Higgs, William L.
Waltzer, Bruce C., 1932-
Bender, Rita L.
Van Tassel, Harriet
Moses, Robert Parris
Jordan, E. O.
Duckworth, C. J.
Martin, L. J.
Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Ryan, William F. (William Fitts), 1922-1972
Albert, Carl Bert, 1908-2000
Celler, Emanuel, 1888-1981
Katzenbach, Nicholas deB. (Nicholas deBelleville), 1922-2012
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Abernethy, Thomas Gerstle, 1903-1998
Spike, Robert W. (Robert Warren)
Adams, Jane (Jane H.)
- United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Amite County, 31.1744, -90.80443
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Robert W. Park papers, 1964-1966; Archives Main Stacks SC658; WIHVC1480P300-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society