Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Smith--COFO correspondence, 1964-1965 (Benjamin E. Smith papers, 1955-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 513, Box 1, Folder 15)
- Smith, Benjamin Eugene
- Date of Original:
Free Speech Movement (Berkeley, Calif.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Ku Klux Klan
White Citizens councils
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Southern Conference Educational Fund
National Lawyers Guild
- Gladstein, Ralph
Moses, Robert Parris
Jones, Johnny A.
Lewis, Joe L.
Baker, Johnny Lee
Jacob, Arthur Lee
Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Galamison, Milton A. (Milton Arthur), 1923-1988
Kunstler, Michael J.
Wansley, Thomas C.
Bender, Rita L.
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Stone, William V.
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Mize, Sidney C. (Sidney Carr), 1888-1965
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Darrow, Clarence, 1857-1938
Debs, Eugene V. (Eugene Victor), 1855-1926
Moore, Howard T., 1932-
Clark, Jim, 1922-2007
Perez, Leander, 1891-1969
Treuhaft, Robert E.
Kerr, Clark, 1911-2003
Mitford, Jessica, 1917-1996
Walker, Doris B.
Stone, Herman H.
Marshall, C. Herbert
Weiss, Cora, 1934-
Salter, John R.
Baker, Ella, 1903-1986
Greenhill, Manuel, 1916-1996
Bronstein, Alvin J.
Hall, Carsie A.
Aronson, Henry M., 1935-
Jewett, Richard A.
Morey, Hunter, 1940-
Holmes, Eleanor K.
Edelman, Marian Wright
Stavis, Morton, -1992
Morris, Jesse, 1941-2021
Scales, Charlie T.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Dougherty County, Albany, 31.57851, -84.15574
United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, Virginia, 37.54812, -77.44675
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Benjamin E. Smith papers, 1955-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 513, Box 1, Folder 15; WIHVS3060-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society