Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Robinson--Correspondence, 1964-1966 (Jo Ann Ooiman Robinson papers, 1960-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 191, Box 1, Folder 1)
- Robinson, Jo Ann, 1942-
- Date of Original:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Vietnam War, 1961-1975
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
United States. Department of Justice
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Fellowship of Reconciliation (U.S.)
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Republican Party (U.S.)
Clothing and dress
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Congress of Racial Equality
Civil rights movement
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Un-American Activities
Ku Klux Klan
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Poor Peoples' Corporation
Peace Corps (U.S.)
Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
- Finley, Sydney
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Dodds, Gordon B.
Stipp, John L.
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
Best, James S.
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Doar, John, 1921-2014
Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
Dirksen, Everett McKinley
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Scranton, William Warren, 1917-2013
Lodge, Henry Cabot, Jr., 1902-1985
Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Belafonte, Harry, 1927-
Scales, Charlie T.
Douglas, Paul H. (Paul Howard), 1892-1976
Christiansen, Allan P.
Hassler, Alfred, 1910-
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Percy, Charles H., 1919-2011
Kerner, Otto, 1908-1976
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Sharp, Philip W.
Reeb, James, 1927-1965
Raymond, George, 1943-
Knowles, Warren P.
Altier, Charles L.
Moses, Robert Parris
Palmer, Hazel T.
Hart, Philip A. (Philip Aloysius), 1912-1976
Freeman, Orville L.
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Harman, Francis Stuart
Martínez, Elizabeth Sutherland, 1925-
Campbell, L. Foote
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Schwelb, Frank Ernest, 1932-2014
Willis, Edwin E., 1904-1972
Brickman, Morrie, 1917-1994
Blease, F. W.
Smith, Johnnie Lee
Finger, Gregory H.
Smith, Scott B., Jr.
Stone, I. F. (Isidor Feinstein), 1907-1989
Lee, Herbert, 1919-1961
Allen, Louis, 1919-1964
Hurst, E. H. (Eugene Hunter), 1908-
Travis, James, 1942-
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Wiley, George A.
Chaney, Fannie Lee
Price, Cecil Ray, 1938-2001
Simmon, W. B.
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Bond, Julian, 1940-2015
Smith, J. D.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Iowa, 42.00027, -93.50049
United States, Maryland, City of Baltimore, 39.29038, -76.61219
United States, Michigan, 44.25029, -85.50033
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Amite County, 31.1744, -90.80443
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, Mississippi, Warren County, Vicksburg, 32.35265, -90.87788
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Ohio, 40.25034, -83.00018
United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Jo Ann Ooiman Robinson papers, 1960-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 191, Box 1, Folder 1; WIHVR1709-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society