Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Zinn --MFDP - Atlantic City DNC Challenge, August, 1964 (Howard Zinn Papers, 1956-1994; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 588, Box 1, Folder 23)
- Zinn, Howard, 1922-
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Congress of Racial Equality
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
Civil rights demonstrations
- Waskow, Arthur Ocean, 1933-
Rauh, Joseph L., Jr., 1911-1992
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Connally, John Bowden, 1917-1993
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Moses, Robert Parris
Green, Edith, 1910-1987
Diggs, Charles C.
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981
Raskin, Marcus G.
King, Edwin H.
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Rustin, Bayard, 1912-1987
Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970
Bender, Rita L.
Lowenstein, Allard K.
Baker, Ella, 1903-1986
Forman, James, 1928-2005
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Howard Zinn Papers, 1956-1994; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 588, Box 1, Folder 23; WIHVZ330-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society