Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Vietnam War Era Ephemera Collection
- High school students unite!
- Seattle Students' Union
- Contributor to Resource:
- University of Washington. Libraries. Digital Initiatives
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights--Washington (State)--Seattle
Human rights--Washington (State)--Seattle
Strikes and lockouts--Washington (State)--Seattle
Seattle Student Union
- United States, Washington, King County, Seattle, 47.60621, -122.33207
- fliers (printed matter)
- Announces: "Strike April 16th"
Calls for: "1. The schools must serve the people.... 2. We want an end to all the phony, unfair discipline in the schools.... 3. We want better classes.... 4. All police, narcs, school security guards and other types of pigs off campus.... 5. We want all military recruiters kept off campus, and the schools must quit aiding the draft boards.... 6. We want an end to all the white supremacy in the schools.... 7. We want an end to all male supremacy.... 8. We want an end to all lying texts and history classes.... 9. We want every student to have the chance to enter college and the right to a decent job.... 10. We are united with our sisters and brothers in the factories, the communities, the colleges, and all the oppressed peoples of the world."
Note on date: 1970 is penciled on document.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Scanned from original text at 400 dpi in color, saved in JPEG format and resized to 600 ppi horizontal. Saved at compression rate 3. 2004.
43 x 28 cm
- Original Collection:
- Vietnam War Era Ephemera Collection, Box 7/7. University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division.
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Washington. Libraries. Special Collections Division