Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- King County Snapshots: A Photographic Heritage of Seattle and Surrounding Communities
- Photo of Nisei baseball team, ca. 1940
- Contributor to Resource:
- Seattle Buddhist Temple
- Date of Original:
- King County (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Seattle (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--King County--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--Seattle--Pictorial works
- United States, Washington, King County, Seattle, 47.60621, -122.33207
- In the Americanization of the Nisei, second generation Japanese-Americans, sports played a vital part. Games were played at Seattle Parks Department Playfields. Less than two years after this photograph was taken, all residents of Japanese descent were transported inland to World War II internment camps.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Scanned from slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using CONTENTdm's image import.
- Original Collection:
- King County Museum Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Washington. Libraries