Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- King County Snapshots: A Photographic Heritage of Seattle and Surrounding Communities
- Postcard of Snoqualmie hops pickers
- Darius Kinsey
- Contributor to Resource:
- Snoqualmie Valley Historical Society
- Date of Original:
- King County (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Seattle (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--King County--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--Seattle--Pictorial works
- United States, Washington, King County, Snoqualmie, 47.52871, -121.82539
- Postcard titled "Siwash and two Klootchmen Hop Picking in Snoqualmie Hop Fields."
For nearly thirty years, beginning in the early 1880s, entrepreneurial farmers in King County raised hops to sell to regional breweries. Chinese and Native American laborers picked the annual crop, setting up camp in the fields, and picking the hops into baskets.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Scanned from slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using CONTENTdm's image import.
- Original Collection:
- King County Museum Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Washington. Libraries