Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- King County Snapshots: A Photographic Heritage of Seattle and Surrounding Communities
- Photo of Native American encampment along Green River, ca. 1900
- Contributor to Resource:
- White River Valley Museum (Auburn)
- Date of Original:
- King County (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Seattle (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--King County--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--Seattle--Pictorial works
- United States, Washington, King County, Green River, 47.47427, -122.25151
- Indian people set up these temporary encampments when they visited local rivers to harvest salmon for drying or when they were hired by local farmers, to pick hops or berries.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Scanned from slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using CONTENTdm's image import.
- Original Collection:
- King County Museum Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Washington. Libraries