Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- King County Snapshots: A Photographic Heritage of Seattle and Surrounding Communities
- Photo of Bon Odori Festival, Seattle, 1970
- Date of Original:
- King County (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Seattle (Wash.)--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--King County--Pictorial works
Historic sites--Washington (State)--Seattle-- Pictorial works
- United States, Washington, King County, 47.49084, -121.83583
- While many immigrants from Japan were or became Christian, some retained their native cultural practices. This dance is held during the Obon, a festival to mark respect for ancestors.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Scanned from slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using CONTENTdm's image import.
- Original Collection:
- King County Museum Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- Wing Luke Asian Museum (Seattle, Wash.)