- Voices of Freedom
- Interview with Dr. Joyce E. Glaise.
- Carrington, Ronald E. (interviewer)
- Contributor to Resource:
- James Branch Cabell Library. Special Collections and Archives (contributor)
Virginia Civil Rights Movement Video Initiative (producer)
- Richmond, Va. : VCU Libraries
- Date of Original:
- Glaise, Joyce E.--Interviews
Civil rights movements--Virginia
Virginia--Race relations--History--20th century
- Glaise, Joyce E.
- United States, Virginia, 37.54812, -77.44675
- moving images
oral histories (literary works)
- Dr. Joyce E. Glaise, educator, community activist, former member of the Danville, Virginia City Council. She discussed: the racial situation in Danville, Virginia; the Danville Voters League; Dr. Martin Luther King's trip to Danville in 1963; recreation in Danville; the church's role in the Civil Rights movement; and activists Ruth Harvey and Lawrence Campbell. This interview was conducted March 20, 2003 at the Virginia Historical Society in Richmond. Ronald E. Carrington, President of Media Consultants Global, Inc. of Richmond, was the director-producer of the video taping and interviewed the interviewees. Historian Dr. Betsy Brinson conducted preliminary oral interviews. The text of the oral history was transcribed by Halasz Reporting and Video, Richmond. Other editing by the staff of Special Collections and Archives, VCU Libraries.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
This material is protected by copyright, and copyright is held by VCU. You are permitted to use this material in any way that is permitted by copyright. In addition, this material is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/). Acknowledgment of Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is required.
- Original Collection:
- Voices of Freedom: videotaped oral histories of leaders of the Civil Rights movement in Virginia
- Contributing Institution:
- James Branch Cabell Library. Special Collections and Archives