- Civil Rights Movement in Virginia : An Exhibition on Display February 7 - June 19, 2004
- Rising Black consciousness
- Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Virginia
Civil rights movements--Virginia
African Americans--Civil rights--Virginia
- United States, Virginia, 37.54812, -77.44675
- black-and-white photographs
- Section of online exhibit focusing on the growth of interest by African Americans and whites in the experience and influence of African Americans in United States history as well as the rising acceptance of the idea of "Black Power." The page contains one black-and-white photograph from the Virginia Historical Society and the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Movement in Virginia Collection (Virginia Historical Society)
- Contributing Institution:
- Virginia Historical Society