- Civil Rights Movement in Virginia : An Exhibition on Display February 7 - June 19, 2004
- Brown I and Brown II
- Library of Congress
Virginia. Dept. of Historic Resources
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Segregation--Virginia
Civil rights movements--Virginia
African Americans--Civil rights--Virginia
Segregation in education--Virginia
Prince Edward County (Va.). County School Board--Trials, litigation, etc.
United States. Supreme Court
Topeka (Kan.). Board of Education--Trials, litigation, etc.
Brown, Oliver, 1918- --Trials, litigation, etc.
Davis, Dorothy E.--Trials, litigation, etc.
- Davis, Dorothy E.
Brown, Oliver, 1918-1961
- United States, Virginia, Prince Edward County, 37.2243, -78.44108
- black-and-white photographs
- Section of online exhibit outlining the lawsuits that were decided in favor of integrated education, including the Virginia case, Dorothy E. Davis v. County School Board of Prince Edward County, that was eventually included in the Supreme Court case Oliver L. Brown et al. v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas. The page includes four black-and-white photographs from the Virginia Historical Society, the Library of Congress, the Virginia Department of Historic Resources, and the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Movement in Virginia Collection (Virginia Historical Society)
- Contributing Institution:
- Virginia Historical Society