- Volunteer Voices
- Grades and Regulations of the Public Schools of Gallatin, Tennessee
- Date of Original:
- Public schools--Tennessee--Curricula--History
- United States, Tennessee, Sumner County, Gallatin, 36.38838, -86.44666
- publications (documents)
- This copy of the Grades and Regulations of the Public Schools of Gallatin, Tennessee dates from 1888. It was published in Gallatin by Examiner Print. The publication identified C. S. Douglass as Superintendent, with Col. Thomas Boyers, B. F. Allen, Dr. T. M. Woodson, Capt. O. H. Foster, Hon. J. W. Blackmore and Thomas H. King as members of the Board of Education. It lists the teachers at the Main Street School and the South Gallatin Colored School. For first grade through eighth grade, it lists subjects offered and textbooks used. The pamphlet also includes rules and regulations for students, teachers and the superintendent.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections