- Volunteer Voices
- Testimony of the League of Women Voters of Kingsport-Sullivan County
- Date of Original:
- League of Women Voters of Tennessee
Cost and standard of living
Politics and Government
Tennessee. Department of Human Services
- Bradford, Susan
- United States, Tennessee, Sullivan County, Blountville, 36.53316, -82.32681
United States, Tennessee, Sullivan County, Kingsport, 36.54843, -82.56182
- Testimony Before the Finance, Ways and Means Committees of the House and Senate, General Assembly, dated March 12, 1977, Blountville, Tenn. Presented by Susan Bradford, Chairman of the Human Resources Committee, this document describes deep concern for Tennesseans living below the poverty level and on the Aid for Families with Dependent Children (AFDC program). It discusses in detail the inequities between the 1969 Standard of Need and the new Ratable Reduction method used to compute monies allocated to dependent families in light of inflation. It concludes with an appeal for children of Tennessee.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections