- Volunteer Voices
- Articles from Brownlow`s Knoxville Whig
- Date of Original:
Politics and Government
- Brownlow, W. B.
Hall, M. L.
Preuss, H. Clay
- United States, Tennessee, Knox County, Knoxville, 35.96064, -83.92074
- newspaper clippings
- These newspaper clippings were written two months before the beginning of the Civil War. Articles include Six of the Market House Voters, which is about 34 men who voted for Secession and states only 4 were slave holders and 30 were oppressed by the General Government; the second clipping appears to be a poem or lyrics and is entitled God Save Our Noble Union, written by H. Clay Preuss; Wants to Purchase a Negro; and Clerk`s Sale advertising sale of town lots and a Negro woman, written by M. L. Hall, Clerk.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections