- Volunteer Voices
- Letter on Death of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights--United States--1960-1970
Civil rights movements--United States--Tennessee
Social reform movements
Politics and government
- Gore, Albert, 1907-1998
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
- letters (correspondence)
- This letter is a response from Senator Albert Gore to a citizen who sent him a telegram discussing the President`s order to fly to United States flag at half-staff in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.`s death. The citizen opposed this measure, and Gore reassures him that the President has the authority to order such actions. Identifying information has been removed to protect the identities of private citizens.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Digital Collection: The Growth of Democracy in Tennessee: A Grassroots Approach to Volunteer Voices
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections