- Volunteer Voices
- Booker T. Washington in Tuskegee, AL, to R. R. Church, Jr. in Memphis, TN
- Date of Original:
- African American
- Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915
- United States, Tennessee, Shelby County, Memphis, 35.14953, -90.04898
- letters (correspondence)
- A letter from Booker T. Washington to R. R. Church, Jr. expressing his condolences for the death of his father, "a strong man." Mr. Washington goes on to say that he is encouraged that he will "reflect credit upon his [sic] father," and continue to advance the cause of African Americans.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Digital Collection: The Growth of Democracy in Tennessee: A Grassroots Approach to Volunteer Voices
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections