- Volunteer Voices
- Clerk`s report on sale of slaves
- Date of Original:
Slave trade--Tennessee--History--19th century--Sources
Slaveholders--Tennessee--Knoxville--History--19th century --Sources
- United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
- case files
- This case is between A.E. Wilkins (plaintiff) vs. Margaret Wilkins and others (defendants) over the sale of seven slaves: Bob, Harry Sr., Hank, Eliza, Amanda, John and Harry Jr. These individuals were sold for a total price of $2470 U.S. dollars, with $700 dollars in Confederate notes. William Craig, Clerk of the Knox County Court signed the document on July 6, 1863.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections