- Volunteer Voices
- Beware! The Negro and the New Social Order
- Date of Original:
African Americans—Legal status, laws, etc.
- United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
- broadsides (notices)
- This broadside, published by some unattributed opponent of women`s suffrage, warns Southern men of the threat to states` rights if women attain the right to vote. It states that woman suffrage will reopen the question of Negro suffrage and bring another wave of female carpetbaggers. It contains excerpts from "The Negro and the New Social Order," which had been printed in The Messenger, published by A. Phillip Randolph as the "only radical Negro magazine in America."
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections