- Volunteer Voices
- [Letter] 1850 Jul. 17 [to] Alex[ander D. Coffee]
- Date of Original:
Politics and Government
- United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
- letters (correspondence)
- This document is a letter written from Andrew Jackson Coffee to his brother Alexander D. Coffee, dated July 17, 1850. The letter speaks of family matters, such as taking over guardianship of their nephew, John Coffee, and the birth of Andrew`s new son. The letter also speaks of events going on in the country, such as General Taylor`s death, disputes over the boundary line of Texas, and the prediction by Andrew that a Civil War is imminent if the South does not get to keep its rights to owning slaves.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Special Collections