- Oral History
- Oral history with Alvin Pam
- Pam, Alvin
- University of Southern Mississippi. Center for Oral History and Cultural Heritage.
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Project
Civil rights movement
Holly Springs (Miss.)
- Pam, Alvin--Interviews
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- oral histories (literary works)
- Oral history.; Alvin Pam was born December 13, 1934 in New York. He graduated from Brooklyn College with a degree in history, and went on to earn a master's degree in history from New York University. Though accepted to the history PhD program at the University of Rochester, Pam decided to pursue psychology instead. He then earned a master's in psychology from the University of Buffalo. He completed this degree during the summer of 1964. In this time period, he was a teacher in New York City, and heard about the opportunity to go to Mississippi to teach in Freedom Schools. He decided to go, and he was placed in Holly Springs.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- North MS Holly Springs OHP, Civil Rights, Rust College
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Center for Oral History and Cultural Heritage