- Oral History
- Oral history with Horace H. Harned, Jr.
- Harned, Horace H., 1920-
Katagiri, Yasuhiro, 1960-
- University of Southern Mississippi. Center for Oral History and Cultural Heritage.
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Civil rights movement
- Harned, Horace H., 1920- --Interviews
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- oral histories (literary works)
- Oral history.; Interview conducted on November 3, 1993 with Horace H. Harned Jr. (born 1920). He was a former Mississippi State legislator, a member of the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission, and an active segregationist during the years of the civil rights movement. This is the second of two interviews; the first took place in 1976 with Tom Healy.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services to the University of Southern Mississippi.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Center for Oral History and Cultural Heritage