- Oral History
- Oral history with the Honorable Horace Buckley
- Buckley, Horace, 1941-
- University of Southern Mississippi. Center for Oral History and Cultural Heritage.
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Civil rights movement
- Buckley, Horace, 1941- --Interviews
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- oral histories (literary works)
- Oral history.; Interview conducted on May 11, 1977 with the Honorable Horace Buckley at his home in Jackson, Mississippi.Buckley was born on July 14, 1941 in Jackson, Mississippi.He obtained his undergraduate degree from Mississippi Valley State and his master's degree in guidance counseling/educational psychology from Tuskegee Institute in Tuskegee, Alabama. In 1975, Buckley was elected to the Mississippi House of Representatives to serve a four-year consecutive term.While in the legislature, he worked on the Judiciary B. Committee, Education Committee and the Penitentiary Committee.Buckley was appointed to the Select Committee on Education and is a member to the National Assembly of State Legislators, representing Mississippi as a member of that body's Education Committee. In addition, he was the commissioner for the City of Jackson's Housing Authority, member of the Jackson District Association, and Minister and Pastor of the Cade Chapel Missionary Baptist Church.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Center for Oral History and Cultural Heritage