- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Ku Klux Klan poster; 1965
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-)
- Date of Original:
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- )
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- Image of a red, white, and blue poster of Uncle Sam dressed in a white robe and hood, the traditional dress of a member of the Ku Klux Klan. A hole can be seen in the top left-hand corner of the poster where it was nailed to a tree on the property of Hattiesburg-area African-American civil rights activist Vernon Dahmer.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M555 Grupper (Ira) and Beech (Bob) Civil Rights Collection
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: http://www.lib.usm.edu/spcol/collections/manuscripts/finding_aids/grupper
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries