- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, A. [Alex?] Rosen to Mr. [Alan H.?] Belmont; July 21, 1964
- Rosen, A. (Alex), 1905-
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Hate crime investigation
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- From the Spears (Lawrence D.) Civil Rights Collection. <br>Memo from Alex ") Rosen to Alan ") Belmont dated July 21, 1964, about the attack on Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, on July 10, 1964. The memo discusses the progress of the investigation. Kilmer Estus Keys is in custody, and authorities are still looking for another suspect, Clifton Archie Keys. Portions of the document are blacked out.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M482 Spears (Lawrence D.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 1, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries