- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Oxford: a warning for Americans; October 1962
- Mississippi State Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
University of Mississippi
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
Meredith, James, 1933-
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the McCain (William D.) Pamphlet Collection; The pamphlet published by the Mississippi State Junior Chamber of Commerce states that its purpose is to explain parts of the story of the University of Mississippi's forced integration that the media ignored. The pamphlet asserts that Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy acted illegally and impatiently when they sent Federal marshals and troops to integrate the University. It mainly contends that the Kennedy administration violated the state's right to organize and manage their own public schools.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M393 McCain (William D.) Pamphlet Collection
Box 3, Folder 37
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries