- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, Jim Dombrowski to SCEF Board Members and other friends; June 25, 1964
- Dombrowski, James A. (James Anderson), 1897-1983
- Date of Original:
- White Folks Project
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Project
Southern Conference Educational Fund
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Hamlett (Ed) White Folks Project Collection. This memo from Jim Dombrowski to Board Members of the Southern Conference Educational Fund (SCEF) and other friends concerns fundraising to pay the living expenses of four civil rights workers who have volunteered to work on Ed Hamlett's White Folks Project. A sample chain letter and four fact sheets describing the scope of the White Folks Project (part of Mississippi Freedom Summer) are included.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M376 Hamlett (Ed) White Folks Project Collection
Box 1, Folder 4
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries