- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Anne Braden to Ed [Hamlett]; May 19, 1963
- Braden, Anne, 1924-2006
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Southern Conference Educational Fund
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Hamlett (Ed) White Folks Project Collection. Anne Braden's letter to Ed [Hamlett] is typed on Southern Conference Educational Fund (SCEF) letterhead and is a response to Hamlett's earlier letter. She explains her delay in writing and promises to answer his questions more fully, and writes of materials she is sending to him under separate cover. Hamlett's questions are about allegations that SCEF has ties to communism and about a program of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) funded by SCEF. The letter includes a hand written note on the desired qualifications for applicants and a typed list of the Board of Directors and Advisory Committees for SCEF.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M376 Hamlett (Ed) White Folks Project Collection
Box 1, Folder 4
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries