- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Songs of the southern freedom movement; 
- Carawan, Candie
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Religion and social problems
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; This document compiled by Guy and Candie Carawan includes four "Freedom Songs" excerpted from We Shall Overcome (New York: Oak Publishers. 1963) and an introduction that describes the origins of the songs and their uses in the Civil Rights movement.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 4, Folder 17
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries