- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, J. D. Smith to friends; 
- Smith, J. D
- Date of Original:
- Amite County (Miss.)
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Ku Klux Klan (1915- )
- United States, Mississippi, Amite County, 31.1744, -90.80443
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; The letter from J. D. Smith to friends in the North describes the conditions he has encountered in Amite County, Mississippi, and outlines some of the civil rights programs that are being implemented there.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 14
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries