- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Freedom Carrier; July 16, 1964
- C. T
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Project
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; Volume 1, Number 1 of the Freedom Carrier records news stories about the Mississippi Freedom Schools and racial violence that occurred in Mississippi in the summer of 1964. The small newsletter also includes the poetry and opinions of some Freedom Summer volunteers.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 13
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries