- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Report to the staff on the progress of the challenge; December 11, 1964
- Date of Original:
Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; This report describes actions that were taken in the planning and preparation stages of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party's (MFDP) Congressional challenge. It notes the help that organizing committees in Northern cities lent to the project by holding rallies and pressuring Congressmen to support the challenge through letter-writing campaigns.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries