- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Congressional challenge: challenge by the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party; 
- Date of Original:
- Voter Registration
Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; This document explains the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party's (MFDP) Congressional challenge and the stages of the challenge. It also gives voter registration statistics for Mississippi. It gives details about the violence and intimidation techniques that were used to keep African Americans from voting in the 1960s. The document also notes precedents for the Congressional challenge.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries