- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Jan to Barbara Lindsey; January 5, 1965
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; In this letter on Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party letterhead, Jan (last name unknown) responds to questions that Barbara Lindsey had raised in her previous letter. While the questions Lindsey raised are not cited, the main content of the letter includes poverty, unemployment, and social legislation in Mississippi. It also notes the publicity needs of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC).
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries