- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, Leon Shull to Americans for Democratic Action; November 19, 1964
- Shull, Leon
- Date of Original:
- Americans for Democratic Action
Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; The memorandum from Leon Shull is typed on Americans for Democratic Action (ADA) letterhead that lists the national board members on the reverse side of the page. The content of the memo explains the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party's (MFDP) Congressional challenge to national officers, board members, and chapter chairmen. In response to requests, Shull notes ADA's position on the challenge.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries