- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Congressional Record: proceedings and debates of the 89th Congress, 1st session; September 17, 1965
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; This issue of the Congressional Report records the reports of both the majority and minority opinion of the Committee for Elections of the United States House of Representatives regarding the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party's (MFDP) challenge to the seating of Mississippi's five representatives in 1965. It also includes comments made by individuals on either side of the debate and reports vote statistics for the related resolution.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries