- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Late report on the MFDP Congressional challenge; January 11, 1965
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; This document outlines the events related to the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party's (MFDP) Congressional challenge that occurred January 4, 1965. It describes the future steps through which the challenge will pass and asks for lawyers to go to Mississippi to take depositions from individuals who were denied the right to vote or were not allowed to register to vote to be presented as evidence in the case.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries