- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- A memorandum on the legal validity and propriety of the MFDP challenges to Mississippi Congressmen; December 22, 1964
- King, Arthur
Smith, Benjamin E
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; In this memo, lawyers for the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party present and address questions that were raised regarding the legality of the 1964 Congressional Challenge. The authors cite the election contest statute (Title 2 U. S. C. Section 201) and refer specifically to similar election contest precedents.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 8
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries