- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Operation "Star" May 1965
- Diocese of Natchez-Jackson (Miss.)
- Date of Original:
- Religion and social problems
Community Action Program (U.S.)
Operation Star, 1965
Catholic Church. Diocese of Natchez-Jackson (Miss.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection; With statistical tables that depict and support the view that poverty is a disturbing reality in Mississippi, the Diocese of Natchez-Jackson proposes a systematic training and redevelopment program, known as Operation "Star" as a way to eradicate Mississippi poverty.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M368 Miller (Michael J.) Civil Rights Collection
Box 3, Folder 4
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries