- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Beauty for ashes; 
- Committee of Concern (Jackson, Miss.)
- Date of Original:
- African American churches
Civil rights movement
Religion and social problems
Committee of Concern (Jackson, Miss.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ben-Ami (Rabbi David Z.) Papers. The pamphlet explains that the Committee of Concern is an interracial, interfaith group with the goal of raising and managing funds and equipment to rebuild burned churches in the Hattiesburg area. A photograph on the front cover of the pamphlet shows the remains of a burned church, and an excerpt from Isaiah 61 is printed on the second page.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M365 Ben-Ami (Rabbi David Z.) Papers
Box 1, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries