- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Will Christmas in Mississippi...be like Christmas in America?; undated
- Date of Original:
- African American civil rights workers
- Gregory, Dick
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ben-Ami (Rabbi David Z.) Papers. This flyer advertises a campaign headed by comedian and civil rights activist Dick Gregory to send 20,000 turkeys to needy families in Mississippi. The flyer announces that for $5.00, Chicagoans can donate a Christmas dinner to a Mississippi family in memory of James Chaney, Medgar Evers, Andrew Goodman, and Mickey Schwerner.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M365 Ben-Ami (Rabbi David Z.) Papers
Box 1, Folder 5
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries