- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Staff meeting in Freedom House; 1964
- Thomason, Frazer
- Date of Original:
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Project
Civil rights workers
- United States, Mississippi, Coahoma County, Clarksdale, 34.20011, -90.57093
- images (object genre)
- From the Hazelton (Margaret J.) Freedom Summer Collection; One black-and-white photograph, taken by Rev. Frazer Thomason, of a staff management meeting in the Council of Federated Organizations (COFO) Freedom House in Clarksdale, Mississippi. From left to right: (back row) unidentified person, possibly Sue Gladstone, Bob and Lisa Mandel, Lew Sitzer, three unidentified local teens, Paul Kendall, (middle row) possibly Les Johnson, Doris Newman, unidentified person, possibly SNCC staff from Alabama, Mark Fast (the attorney from Boston), an unidentified local, (front row) Yvonne Klein, and Kate Quinn (with back to camera).
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M359 Hazelton (Margaret J.) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 24 M359-49
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries