- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Local teens in Aaron Henry's backyard; 1964
- Thomason, Frazer
- Date of Original:
- African American teenagers
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, Mississippi, Coahoma County, Clarksdale, 34.20011, -90.57093
- images (object genre)
- From the Hazelton (Margaret J.) Freedom Summer Collection; One black-and-white photograph, taken by Rev. Frazer Thomason, of local teenagers at a social gathering in Dr. Aaron Henry's backyard in Clarksdale, Mississippi. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph mentions that, "she (Margie) loved the mimosa tree."
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M359 Hazelton (Margaret J.) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 23 M359-40
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries