- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Rita (Walker) and family to Kathy (Dahl) and family; September 12, 1967
- Walker, Rita
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Holly Springs (Miss.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection. Letter from Rita Walker; includes mostly personal information. Discusses upcoming visit from Dahl and that many Holly Springs people have relocated to Illinois. She writes that Hardy [Frye] had been to Memphis but not to Holly Springs, saying he was "threw [sic] with them people."
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M357 Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 3
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries