- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Rita (Walker), Bud, kids to Kathy (Dahl), John, Aileen; October 24, 1966
- Walker, Rita
- Date of Original:
Holly Springs (Miss.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection. Three-page letter by Rita Walker addressed to Kathleen Dahl and her family. Walker, a native of Holly Springs, writes to Dahl about area politics, her efforts at voter education and voter registration, and her frustration with African Americans who seem to have no interest in voting and bettering themselves.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M357 Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 3
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries