- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Report on ASCS elections in Marshall and DeSoto counties. Letter, Rita Walker to Kathy (Dahl); January 19, 1966
- Walker, Rita
- Date of Original:
United States. Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection. Two-page report by Rita Walker about the December 1965 ASCS (Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service) elections in Mississippi's Marshall and DeSoto counties. A federal program, the ASCS allowed rural Mississippi farmers to act as administrators in their local agricultural communities. Walker describes incidents of discrimination during the election process in these communities and urges examination of election results. She also typed a personal note to Kathy (Dahl) at the end of the report.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M357 Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 3
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries