- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Ned (Opton) to Kathy (Dahl) and John [Cummings Tappiener?]; November 22, 1966
- Opton, Ned
- Date of Original:
- Free Speech Movement (Berkeley, Calif.)
Civil rights workers
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection. Two-page letter written by Ned Opton, begun on November 22, 1966 and continued on December 10, addressed to Kathy (Dahl) and John (presumed to be her first husband John Cummings Tappiener). Opton discusses the Free Speech Movement (FSM) part two at University of California, Berkeley, the status of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), and the whereabouts of a few named civil rights workers.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M357 Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 28
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries