- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Southern Consumers' Education Foundation to Friends; 
- Hargrave, Una Mae
McKnight, A. J
- Date of Original:
- Actions and defenses
Daily advertiser (Lafayette, La.)
Southern Consumers' Education Foundation
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection. Fundraising letter with accompanying television transcript dated April 24[?], 1967. The letter and transcript are about the legal difficulties of the Louisiana-based Southern Consumers' Education Foundation, a group involved in cooperative farm marketing. The transcript is a response to a report on April 18, 1967 on television Channel 3; it addresses events in 1966 and 1967 that are characterized as harassment and a series of articles published in The Daily Advertiser.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M357 Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 14
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries