- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Aviva [Futorian] to Katny [sic]; Spring 1965
- Futorian, Aviva
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
African American churches
Holly Springs (Miss.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection. A typed letter from Aviva Futorian on COFO Holly Springs Project letterhead includes information about the burning of St. Joseph's church, encounters with local police, and forced integration of public spaces.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M357 Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 10
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries